Having many different lights and lamps in your home can mean that you need to also have many different light bulbs and globes. But can you always remember which light bulb goes with which light? Let me show you how to store photos of light bulbs used in your home into Evernote so that you will also remember which light bulb goes where.
Evernote made this easy for me.
This blog post is a from a series of articles to help show you how Evernote can be used for the most simple everyday things in your life.
Earlier posts in this series are about How To Use Evernote For Your Grocery Shopping List, How To Keep Record of Your Medical Information in Evernote and how to scan household bills into Evernote.
Let’s look at how you can store photos of light bulbs used in your home into Evernote and why this is useful.
Why Would You Store Photos of Light Bulbs Used In Your Home Into Evernote?
The number one reason that you would want to store photos of light bulbs used in your home into Evernote is simple.
Every room in your house is likely to have one or more ceiling lights, lamps, cupboard lights or cook top lights. Each of these will also use a different light bulb. How many times would you need to replace a light bulb and not know which bulb goes with which light? Or worse still, you are out shopping and you know you need to buy replacement light bulbs and globes and you cannot recall the correct style you need.
How do you fix this? Simple.
Store photos of light bulbs used in your home into Evernote so that you always have the details on your device wherever you are.
This Is How To Store Photos of Light Bulbs Used In Your Home Into Evernote
- Open a new note in Evernote.
- Create the note title using Light Globe or Light Bulb as well as the style of light (if known) and the room of the house. By including these details in the note title it will be easier to search by these terms when you need to find the information. So, if you were out shopping and you needed a new light globe for the bedroom, you could search for: light globe, bedroom. This is my example below.
- Take a photo using Evernote’s camera feature and upload this into the note. Here is an earlier article with a tips on how the Evernote camera feature works. Or if you already have an image in your saved images library you can simply add the image into your note.
- Add any additional information into the body f the note. For my example below I would add:
- the store where I purchase these from.
- the cost so I know how much they are.
- the number of bulbs needed for a particular light. For my example below, the light fixture accommodates 12 of this style bulb.
- any other detail that would be useful.
For this style of note you will not really need to add any Tags or reminders. Evernote’s search function is extremely powerful so by naming the note with the the words light bulb and the room of the house where the light is located will be enough for you to always find the information when needed.
In following the above steps you have leaned how to store photos of light bulbs used in your home into Evernote.
In addition you have also learned how to:
- Create a new note
- Name the note title using keywords
- Capture documents with the Evernote camera feature
- Upload saved images to a note
As you now know how to store photos of light bulbs used in your home into Evernote you will never forget which light bulb or globe belongs to which light fixture.
This is another everyday use for Evernote.
Please leave a comment below and tell me about some other everyday uses for Evernote.
I am on a mission to become an Evernote Certified Consultant. For any questions or enquiries about help with Evernote you can reach me here or leave a comment on this post or on any of my social platforms.
I am available for consultation to discuss your Evernote needs.