Question Of The Day: What is your favorite way to organize your Evernote notes?
What is your favorite way to organize your Evernote notes?
There are many ways to organise Evernote notes. The beauty is that there is no right or wrong way. It is what works best for you.
All you need to start is:
- A few important Notebooks
- Set reminders
I organise my notes in the following manner.
My [default] note is called !Inbox so that it acts much in the same way as an email inbox. This is my main collection point.
I then sort through and filter notes and information to the following main notebooks:
- !InBox – this is my default notebook which acts as a collection point
- .Me – for notes for me. This can include hobbies, photos, payslips etc…
- .Household Bills – I forward bills and invoices by email or .pdf uploads to this notebook and set appropriate reminders. I have also set up a gmail filter to send these automatically. You may also like to look into ENAddress.comwhich allows you to send emails to notebooks OTHER than your default
- .Receipts – again, send any electronic receipt to this notebook by email or set up ENAddress.com
These are my most used notes and notebooks.
Other than notes or notebooks, Tag’s are also one of the best ways to organise your notes.
My most used Tag’s are:
- Reading List – so I know to come back and read something
- Paid or Unpaid – so that I know when bills are due or when they have been paid
- Expecting – I created a tag called Expecting so that I knew if I was waiting on packages in the mail. This is especially helpful during the festive season if you are do a lot of online shopping for family and friends.
Lastly, set reminders for anything that needs to be followed up. For me, the reminder feature works extremely well for a bill that is due. I receive a reminder notification on all my devices which then has direct access to the bill in the Evernote note. It is that simple.
I trust this helps with you Evernote organisation. Let me know if you need any help.
This snippet was originally published on Quora in response to a user question.
I am on a mission to become an Evernote Certified Consultant. For any questions or enquiries about help with Evernote you can reach me here or leave a comment on this post or on any of my social platforms. I am available for consultation to discuss your Evernote needs.